Thursday, March 8, 2018

A Letter to Ewan on his 6th Birthday

Ewan, My Boy, My BIG Toothless Baby Boy... SIX! SIX! HOW?!

As I sit and reflect on you and this birthday I struggle to accept how fast this life of yours is going. I have probably mentioned before that a family friend once said, "life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes!" While I am no where near the end the clock has sped up so significantly for me in the last 6 years that I shiver if I think about it for too long. I look at you and I see me, especially in the eyes - I also see my heart outside of my body.

You are the sweetest kid I know. Your kindergarten teacher realized quickly that the perfect word to describe you is sincere, she could not be more right. Your heart is huge and your body is too, we can't seem to find pants that are narrow enough while also being long enough. As is obvious in the picture with this note you still love red, your favorite super hero is FLASH, and your two front teeth are gone.

This year we have loved watching you adjust to kindergarten - it was easier on you than on us. I teach art to your class while Daddy teaches garden, and we love the glimpses it gives us into you and this life you are creating outside of us. You love art and science, can't decide on a favorite sport but are always willing to try. You are curious and kind, you love deeply and give the best hugs. Keep doing you, the world hasn't taken that from you yet... aside from the nail polish you ditched recently. We adore you and can't wait to see what this 7th year has in store for you.

XOOOXooxxoooX,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment