Thursday, January 10, 2013

52 : 44

I recently told my bestie that if  K & I decide to have a second child I want her to remind me how sweet 10 months is when I am stuck in the 4 week fog of newborn exhaustion. Ewan truly gets sweeter everyday. He is quite the babbler and now picks up phones to have chats and then puts the phone up to the ear of anyone near him. When we pick him up from school he is immediately distracted from what he is doing and crawls to us with the largest grin on his face. His favorite activities include "clap clap" clapping, rubbing daddy's Christmas beard (which has now turned in to a new look for 2013), petting/torturing Barley and Coco, cruising rapidly around all furniture, walking on his new walker toy, and crawling insanely fast! He can now no longer simply focus on being mobile, he typically has a toy in one or both hands as he travels, which can be quite precarious and entertaining.

Ewan still loves watching and playing with the bigger kids, and is quickly growing larger than all of the kids in his class (newborns) and even most of those in the next class up (12 - 24 months). The majority of the 12 month clothes have now been retired, and we are in to the 18 month inventory. Saying good bye to his sweet yellow corduroys and dinosaur pajamas was much harder than it should have been for this mama. So many mothers say it, and I have probably at some point in this blog said it myself, but I wish I could just bottle this up --- I want to remember always how sweet Ewan's giggles are during bath time, how we try to make sense of his babbles in the car, how he puts his head on our shoulders when he is getting tired, and how he smells in the morning (warm and sweet and drunk with sleep).

EP's official 10 month photo - taken January 9th, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment