Thursday, April 5, 2012

52 : 4

A couple weeks ago I told you about Kevin's tunes - my new favorite is "we will do a dance, we will do a dance, because we have clean pants" - so this week I will tell you about mine. 

A common cause for laughter in our home is my ability to butcher song lyrics and common sayings --- I really do think I am saying them right until Kevin bursts in to laughter, I am sure Ewan will be next to laugh at me, and provides documentation of what I should actually be saying. This week we had another one of those moments as I sang to EP. I honestly could not have told you who sang the song I was singing or even the title, but of course the 4 lines I thought I knew I did not, but when you are lulling a baby to sleep does it really matter?

These are the (accurate) lines I have sung 100+ times this week:
        My baby takes the morning train
        He works from nine 'til five and then
        He takes another home again
        To find me waitin' for him

I truly had no idea what song this was, these lines just came to mind so I sang them to my baby and they worked, as illustrated by the picture below! EP sleeps like a champ, maybe not for as long as I would like, but soon enough I am sure he will and these cuddly naps in my arms will be a thing of the past. And in case you do not know what song these lines are from here is a video for you of Sheena Easton's Morning Train


1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet, I love it. And it did work! He is so cozy.

    ReplyDelete